+, be a film director! There is a connection, btw.
Carolina Herrera – maker of just gorgeous things including smellies – has launched her latest fragrance for male gennelmen in London’s glittering UK – 212 SEXY MEN.
It’s delicious for the following reasons:
– has that fresh vs. masculine thing going on. Grrr.
– top notes of bergamot, mandarin and green leaf.
– middle notes of cardamom, flower petals and pepper. That’d be the spicy bit.
– woody base notes of sandalwood, vanilla, bois de gaiac (us either, but it’s forcing us to believe it), musk and amber.
– it has a fancy magnetic lid thing.
– as well as the EDT, there’s aftershave and deodorant (in either stick form or natural spray). Yey! Oh that rhymes.
– and c) and d).
Not only that, pop-pickers, but Carolina Herrera New York has launched – for the second year running – the 212 Innovation Awards, which in a nutty shell is a scheme set up to nurture and reward young creative talent in the film industry.
They’re offering one young, aspiring type the chance to attend a course at the National Film and Television School as well as the once-in-a-lifetime oppo’ to shadow a real-life major film director on their latest project in the UK.
If that takes your fancy, you’ll need to send in your own short film to be considered by a panel including Carolina Herrera her verily self and Nick Powell, film producer and head of the National Film and Telly School. Keep ’em to around five minutes long, stick ’em on a DVD or VHS, and submit ’em before 15th October ’07. Full details are on the interdolly site.
Oh yeah, and the smelly’s available now – 50ml/£28.50; 100ml/£39.50 – at loads of places. If you’re not sure where, this number will help – 020 7499 4420.