Last night saw the glittering premiere of The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle on BBC the Second.
Some are calling it a load of old shit, others are saying it’s prolly a work of genius, whilst a whole bunch of people some of whom are included in that last category are saying it’s the new Ab Fab. This is for why:
– Jennifer Saunders is in it.
– As is Miranda Richardson (effing fucking GENIUS, btw. When is she never? EH?).
– Jennifer Saunders has written it. Natch.
– There are elements of Eddie in Vivienne, like eg. they’re both delusional ego-maniacs. They said ‘elements’!
– We need, need, NEED a new Ab Fab. Sticking ’em on a loop on your dolly DVD can only do so much…
– It’s a parody of something. This time, the world of daytime telly talk shows. Like they needed parodying…
– and c) and d)
Anyways, dunno when it’ll make the leap to BBC America, mais it’s only a matter of time.
*starts counting, beginning with little finger on left hand*
Oh look, here’s a wee diddy snippet, in moving pictures (yey!)…