Fun facts about Florence Nightingale:
– She was born in Florence. Hence the name ‘Nightingale’.
– She invented the pie chart, ish. (We’re doing this from memory. Ta-da!)
– She was fond of a bonnet, but never at a jaunty angle.
– Her parents were posh, had a huge pile in Hampshire, and thought being a nurse was dead common.
– Flo decided to be a nurse because she thought God asked her. Honey, that was just the way the wind blew that day but good for you all the same.
– Nursing is generally regarded as a good thing.
Now let’s look at more divers. They were diving at the European Swimming Championships this week in Budapest. We’re assuming there’s a diving category. It’s all wet.
Via here. Many thankings.