Cheryl Cole *pause*.
Imagine, if you will, we have two hands extended. These two hands are currently bobbing up and down, one (left) under the weight of the good things about Cheryl’s weekend omnipresence, the other (right) under the weight of the shit things about Cheryl’s weekend omnipresence. It’s quite the battle. We may even topple.
– The girl’s got charm. It’s almost lickable.
– She has Bananarama’s old manager, Hillary Shaw, who just so happens to be one of the nicest ladies in popular music. Ra-ta-taa.
– The wind tunnel. The most believable aspect of Piers Morgan’s ‘hard-hitting’ interview on Saturday night. We owe everything to ours…
– New single’s kind of catchy. Can’t remember what it’s called, but we remember it being kind of catchy.
– Miming her way through the ‘world exclusive’ debut of her new single. A live mic for a few seconds isn’t fooling anyone.
– The hooker outfit (see above). Even Eastern Europeans have ditched the sticky tape.
– The Piers Morgan interview. But that’s got more to do with Piers Morgan. He’s no Fearne Cotton!
– And c) and probably d)
In conclusion, Dame Maggie Smith eating up the word ‘ambition’ in last night’s Downtown Abbey was simply magical.