1. ‘I love that she’s done this and that she stands up for minorities but feminist icon Camille Paglia was right when she said, “Madonna don’t preach”.’
2. ‘There are very clear influences from the work of photographer Joel-Peter Witkin in Stephen Klein’s work on this.’
3. ‘The reference to French nouvelle vague film director Godard at the beginning is clearly to excuse the glamourised violence of those early sequences.’
4. ‘It’s like SEX 2, except without any sex.’
5. ‘I preferred Stephen Klein when he just made underpants but Madonna is one of the few women I know can get away with a straight fringe/bangs’ (depending on where you come from).
Five clever things to say at dinner parties about Madonna's Secret Project,