1. Same Love – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Mary Lambert (OK, so it was 2012 but we tend to avoid anything that could be labelled ‘rap’ which is why we were late to this particular party)
2. Loved Me Back to Life – Celine Dion (the sealion came good with a Sia song about being in a coma).
3. Get Lucky – Daft Punk (it was clearly all about Nile Rogers though).
4. Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke (and no, we didn’t find the video sexist. Those girls weren’t being whorey, they were just enjoying their own nudity)
5. I Hope You Find It – Cher (a Miley Cyrus song! Well, one she bought and paid for previously).
6. Kacey Musgraves – Follow Your Arrow (love country, love Kacey, love her ‘gay anthem’).
7. Hello Stranger – Julia Holter (oh, you’re impressed now, aren’t you?).
8. Royals – Lorde (so much cooler than Lana del Rey).
9. Don’t Save Me – Haim (we do like a girl group. They’re no Supremes, but who is in this day and age? Hmmm?).
10. One More Sleep – Leona Lewis (it was our dirty little secret from halfway through October. And we still can’t learn the lyrics. They are impossible to learn. Scientifically impossible).
11. Believe in Me – Bonnie Tyler (Eurovish. Robbed as usual).
12. Beautiful – Mariah Carey (if only for the video where it looks like she has scabies and just. cannot. find. relief).
13. Anything by Hayden Panettiere from Nashville (well, you know how we feel about country).
13 songs we have loved in 2013,