Some facts about this new coin…
1. It is based on the old threepenny – or thrupny – bit.
2. Thrupny bits is cockney rhyming slang for tits.
3. It is made of two different metals like the £2 coin.
4. It is the hardest coin in the world to forge.
5. The current £1 has been in circulation for 30 years.
6. It has a 3% forgery rate.
7. That means there are £450 million worth of fakes in circulation.
8. The new one comes in in 2017.
9. There is a public competition to decide what goes on the other side. Oh no!
10. We love the Queen.
Now, you see, you are cleverer than you were 30 seconds ago.
Ooh, look at Her Majesty's new £1 coin!,